About the Program
The Master of Science in Health Systems Administration (MHSA) is a two-year, part-time, 42 credit program that equips aspiring leaders with skills to shape the future of health care.
Why Choose This Program?
- CAHME Accredited, competency-based and practice-centered curriculum led by nationally renowned industry leaders and esteemed faculty active in public health, research, and systems of care leadership
- Experiential and competency based 42-credit, 21-month-long curriculum framed by Jesuit values
- Program is delivered in a dynamic hybrid format of online, synchronous coursework paired with on-site campus and thematic global comparative immersions
- Georgetown University’s location in Washington, D.C., provides unique access to influential health systems and health care legislative exposure
- Designed for early career professionals, featuring small class sizes and exposure to industry leaders and subject matter experts
MHSA students have the opportunity to:
Learn from exceptional faculty
Our faculty members are leaders in their respective fields who are eager to share what they know with their students.
Participate in a program based in the nation’s capital
Washington, D.C., is where the nation’s health care policies are created and debated.
Learn with a diverse peer cohort
Learn with and from your fellow students.
Experience a unique hybrid program format
Participate in dynamic on-campus intensives, national and regional conferences, case competitions, comparative health system global experiences, and on-the-job competency-based experiential projects.
Build professional skills
Enjoy extensive professional coaching and networking opportunities.
“Being in D.C. meant having access to health policy wonks not only on the federal but local level as well. The smaller, cohort-structured program was appealing because I wanted to build meaningful relationships with classmates and faculty.”
— Raynard Ware (G’18)
“My preceptor… has gone out of her way to introduce me to the inner workings of the health care system, along with insuring that I get my foot in the door and providing me with all the steps necessary to succeed. She is a true mentor.”
— Jazmeen Chinn (G’18)
“The great thing about Georgetown was that there was a lot of support and opportunity to do things beyond just the coursework to develop as a health care leader.”
— Ila Anita Flannigan (G’09), MHSA alumna
Priority Deadline: January 15, 2023 (app fee waived)
Final Deadline: June 1, 2023 ($90 app fee)
For inquiries, please contact Alishia Echols.
Our 400-plus MHSA graduates serve in leadership roles in hospitals, integrated health systems, community health centers, ambulatory & home health agencies, medical group practices, health maintenance organizations, consulting firms, and federal agencies.
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Deloitte Consulting
- Duke University School of Law
- Georgetown University School of Medicine
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Hospital Corporation of America
- The Advisory Board Company
- MD Anderson Cancer Center
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
- MedStar Washington Hospital Center
Visit our student resources page for academic calendars and other information.
Our faculty members have backgrounds in academic and practice-oriented settings.